In 2005, the government of Ontario passed the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) with the goal of ensuring greater accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities by 2025. To help public, private and non-profit organizations identify, prevent, and remove barriers to accessibility. The AODA contains accessibility standards in areas, including:
- Customer Service
- Information and Communications
- Built Environment
The Accessibility Standard for Customer Service came into force in 2008. The next three standards, Information and Communications, Employment and Transportation have been combined into the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulations (IASR). The IASR is now law and the requirements will be phased in over time. The standard for the Built Environment for facilities and outdoor spaces is still in development.
General Nutrition Centres (GNC) is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner.
- GNC has created an Accessibility Customer Service Policy to administer how our stores offer goods and services to people with disabilities in Ontario. Copies of the Accessible Customer Service Policy are available upon request.
- GNC has created an Employment Standard Policy, which addresses accessibility standards for Ontarians with disabilities.
- Customers are welcome to email us at Customer Service or call us at 1-800-496-4972 about how we serve our customers with disabilities.
- View our Integrated Accessibility Standards Policy and our Integrated Accessibility Multi Year Plan.